Wanted: drivers for National Instruments GPIB board for Solaris x86 ?

I've got a National Instruments GPIB board and have the Solaris (SPARC) drivers for it. I know people of written drivers for these cards for Linux and FreeBSD, but is anyone aware of any free drivers for Solaris 86?

NI charge £489 for the GPIB card with Windows drivers, £1049 for the card with Solaris SPARC drivers and whopping £1549 for the card with drivers for Solaris x86.

--
I respectfully request that this message is not archived by companies as
unscrupulous as \'Experts Exchange\' . In case you are unaware,

?

Somewhere on the NI website there is a coupon where you turn in an old card and you get half off a new card, drivers included. A lot of people turn in junkers like ISA cards to get PCI or USB interfaces. Of course, half off anything from NI is pretty overpriced.

You sound like a power user. You are probably better off with the ethernet GPIB "card", which is essentially driver free.

Reply to
miso

86?

Thank you for that. I'd rather use the card I have if possible. As you say, just about anything from them is expensive.

I think actually they should give me a free card, as some debugging I did once before (wth a HUGE amount of help from Casper Dik) sorted out why the Solaris (SPARC) drivers would not work on Solaris 10. National Instruments used to use the name 'ib' for the driver in Solaris. In Solaris 10, Sun added infiniband support and called their driver 'ib' too. So there were two drivers of the same name, which did work too well. Since I did not need infiniband support, Casper told me what packages I could remove from Solaris 10, and the card then worked fine, This info was passed to NI. I suspect they would have had a hard time working this out themselves!

Dave

Reply to
David Kirkby

Ask them!