Storing DSO Waveforms on PC's HDD - need help!

Hi All, I have a Yokogawa DL1520 DSO with GPIB interface.

I've got this project where we have to store the waveform captured by the DL1520 as a file on the HDD of a PC which can be used by other software for presentation purposes (I need to print the waveforms in a report).

The waveform has to be stored every 10 seconds or so, for about 1,000 times throughout the day, making the built-in floppy drive impractical for this purpose.

I am wondering if anybody here has done this before and what are the tricks involved. I am familiar with programming in VB6 and know about GPIB control. Just am not too sure whether this can be done on this DSO or not and what commands to use (and in which sequence) to get this done.

Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks Manvinder Bhullar

Reply to
Manvinder Bhullar

Go to

the web site for National Instruments.

There is some general information there on what can be done with GPIB cards, and software such as LabView that can be used to control them.

You don't mention if you already have a GPIB interface card for your computer. If you already have one, you should check the manufacturer's web site.

You will probably also need the programing manual for the DL1520.

What you want to do is a standard application that has been done many times with data acquisition equipment. It should be possible for you to do it, but I don't have specific advice on how.

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey