Microwave Sweepers

It's that time of the year again, when young men's thoughts turn to capital budgets.

This year, I'm looking very seriously at getting a microwave sweep generator to replace my aged HP-8350B. I need to cover 1 GHz through 18 GHz minimum. And all I really want is decent stability, spectral purity and high output.

Thus far, I have identified an Agilent E8257C, an Anritsu MG3692A, an Anritsu 68369A, an Anritsu 68147B, a Rohde & Schwarz SMP22 and a Wiltron

6647A as possible choices.

Does anyone have any comments about the above units; operation, value, reliability, etc? Any suggestions about other equipment (I'm open to new or refurbished equipment)?

Thanks!

Ed

Reply to
Ed Price

I've got a Wiltron 6647 (or 6647A?) sitting at work needing repairs for the last few years. I've got it working correctly, as far as I know, except for the fact that it won't go into CW mode. I don't have a manual for it, only a somewhat later manual, and the CW/burst switching is done completely differently, so I'm lost.

Would you like the 6647? Or do you have access to a manual for it so that I could get it back on (all of) its feet?

I'd really prefer to hear from someone who has access to a manual. I think I only need a couple of schematics.

I'd kind of like to get out from under it....

-

Jim Adney