Looking for Tektronix 465b Parts

I am looking for a bottom housing foot & associated mounting screw (not a cord wrap rubber foot). I would also like to know where to get new air filter foam.

Reply to
jerry.kearns

Jerry,

Original feet are very hard to find, except used. However, I have been making reproduction feet. Please check my site:

As for the mounting screw - the 465 and other scopes of that generation used a press-fit stud rather than a screw. I doubt you can find a screw with a small enough head to clear the chassis when it slides into the case.

Another hobbyist determined the type of the press fit stud, and a manufacturer. I don't know what kind of quantities they require, though.

I have one parts donor scope that I might share a stud from. I have to review my needs, though.

The air filter foam can be cut from air conditioner foam filter pads. One pad is enough for dozens of scopes. I could share a few.

-Howard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

(not

Reply to
HedgeWarden

"HedgeWarden" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I used to use countersunk-head screws with a lockwasher when repairing 465 cabinets.Worked fine.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Same as Jim, I recommend countersunk-head screws . I used plastic feet machined in a machine shop nearby.

For filter: Air conditioner or kitchen-exhaust filter mats, cut in shape work well. Easy available, at least here in europe ;-)

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn