Switching Power Supply question

Just recieved a Mean Well quad output power supply. After powering it
up and testing output I get drastic flucuations on all outputs, a
ticking sound and the green indicator light flashing. I have input
power properly set to 120V. Does this need to be tested under load? Or
is the thing possibly defective?

Re: Switching Power Supply question

Model # might be helpful...

Re: Switching Power Supply question

Model RQ-125D

Re: Switching Power Supply question

OK, have a look at page one of the datasheet
www.meanwell.com/mw_search/RQ-125/RQ-125-spec.pdf
The current range is listed. Those show the rated minimum load for each
output in order for the outputs to be guaranteed in specification. They
may be fine with less or none at all which you'd need to test with a DMM.

Site Timeline