J-Link Errors

Hello all. I am running IAR embedded workbench software debugger through a J-Link connector to a TI TMS470. I am getting an error, "Failed to read current instruction" in a J-Link pop-up window when I try stepping through the code. After this, it will not let me continue through the rest of the code. I tried debugging in Simulator mode and I do not get this error. Has anybody ever encountered an error like this? As a note, the code did download completely to the TMS470.

Thanks, Rudy

Reply to
Rudy

Op Fri, 23 May 2008 16:46:18 +0200 schreef Rudy :

Usually these kind of errors are related to hardware configuration changes, like:

  • IO-pins needed by J-Link got hijacked
  • the CPU clock rate changed

Try jumping over the offending code.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

Thank you for your help. I found that the problem had to do with some initialization file that I did not include. This was a low level initialization file from TI. This cleared up my error. Thanks!

Regards, Rudy

Reply to
Rudy