In the Mkt for a HP Bench DMM

Hosfelt Electronics sells Mueller Kelvin clips for $7.50 each, item #

52-75K. I guess they must be available from other Mueller distributors also. They have copper contacts.

-- David DiGiacomo, San Francisco, CA snipped-for-privacy@slack.com

Reply to
David DiGiacomo

taxes

not

with a

quality of

the

hell

foamed-in-place

giving

More like a buck and a quarter. But I think that charging a tax on non-taxable services is illegal. I didn't know that they had tested it, or didn't get that from what the auction said, but that's reassuring. However your comment below that "It worked just the way I hoped it would" isn't very reassuring to me because I've had to jump thru so many hoops so far and I'm still not done with the transaction. Just think about this: I'm dealing with less than a hundred, but just imagine what kind of knot the guy has in his stomach who is buying a $4000 or more instrument from them! He must feel like a pretzel!

point of

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

distributors

Thanks. Last year I ordered some from either them or some other similar electronics distrib, and they said they were out of stock with no date for an ETA. So I cancelled. I think that the smaller dealers like Hosfelt are ordering small quantities from another distrib and can't possibly keep enough in stock, and neither can the distrib they're ordering from. In other words, the supply can't possibly keep up with the demand. But it's not like we can't live without them.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Nah! Tucker has been around for 40 years. They aren't going to try and blow their reputation over a $100 sale. The hoops you have been subjected to are minor clerical errors. $1.25 surely isn't going to sour this deal for you. You could have paid $250 for the same DMM and taken the same risk...

I'll repeat myself:

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover"" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

I also ordered a couple sets of the Kelvin clips from Hosfelt some time ago. THey were out of stock at the time I ordered them, but I really wanted thm, so I let them stay on backorder. They finally arrived some months later. They are not high quality clips.. held together by a small rubber band that provides the "spring" tension. But they do work, and for the price, they are good enough, since I don't use them in a production environment.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

wrote

#

similar

date

with

time ago.

thm,

later.

band

price,

environment.

Sounds like I'm fortunate to have cancelled my order. I can make a set that's just as good.

BTW, it's against the law to hold someone's order for more than 8 weeks(?) without informing the buyer that he has the option of cancelling or getting a refund. Or else allowing the seller to hold the money until the items arrive.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Seems to me that anyone could kludge some up by using (plastic) clothespins, copper (sticky on one side) tape, and wire. Quality would be at least as good. Tinning the copper tape would make it less suceptable to oxidation and easier to keep clean. Or get "fancy" and use thin galvanized sheet metal cut into narrow strips; bend to fit around each jaw, solder on the leads and then epozy the strips to the jaws.

Reply to
Robert Baer

wrote

#

similar

date

with

time ago.

wanted thm,

later.

band

price,

environment.

epozy

The galvanic action between different metals makes the readings inaccurate. Therefore using solder, steel, or zinc coated steel, is absolutely out of the question.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

So on one side, one is going from (say) copper to galvanized; the other side is the opposite; tends to cancel out. The original "cheapie" is just as bad on the contacts; i just made suggestions for a more robust QND set (no rubber bands). Now if there is a source for gold plated shim stock or equivalent, then at least the contacts would be better. BUT. *Somewhere* in the full circuit, the metal used WILL change from gold to something else (maybe copper???). Therefore the most expensive Kelvin clips have the !same! galvanic and thermoelectric problems.

Reply to
Robert Baer