IFR 1200 rear ring case holder

I=92m looking for the rear =93ring=94 holder that keeps the case on the IFR

1200. Please get a hold of me if you do. If the email does not work please visit my web site for contact (thanks in advance). Karl in Spokane
Karl in Spokane

Did you try ordering parts from the IFR/Aeroflex factory? I bought some parts from them that were unobtainable elsewhere. The price was ridiculously high and delivery took forever, but it was still worthwhile. There are also various service monitor repair shops that might have parts.

However, I doubt that you'll find a frame floating around. If you can borrow one off another IFR-1200, you use it to make a copy using the lost wax or sand casting processes. Any small foundry that does custom work can clone the part. I've cloned antique auto parts and prototyped antennas, cavities, and filters this way.

I might be able to help as I have an IFR-1500, which looks like it uses the same size frame. However, I'm not thrilled with sending you the frame, but might be able to have it 3D digitized for you to have it duplicated at a machine shop. The catch is that it will probably be quite expensive. Save this as your last resort.

Googling for Spokane foundry...

Also, please note that if you can post a message to usenet, you can also read the replies on usenet. When you post to usenet, everyone learns from the answers. When you get personalized service by email, it's not very different from consulting, which is a billable service.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

IFR

Thanks, Jeff I keep that in mind :)

Reply to
Karl in Spokane

Looks like they have some IFR parts and pieces. Call and ask.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann