Jack Screws for "Dongle" Cases (Not an obscene post!)

Hi, all.

Does anyone know of a source for *long* jack screws to hold a dongle-style case onto a DB9 connector?

These have to be about 2.5" / 65mm long to pass through the length of the case.

Thanks in advance.

Please avoid the spam-trap if responding via email.

Richard

--------------Richard Dungan-------------- Radix Electronic Design Ltd, Orpington, UK ngsATradixDASHdesignDOTcoDOTuk

Richard Dungan

Thanks for the kind offer, but they're for a new design and several thousand will be needed. I'd still prefer to use an "off the shelf" item if possible.

Richard

--------------Richard Dungan-------------- Radix Electronic Design Ltd, Orpington, UK ngsATradixDASHdesignDOTcoDOTuk

Richard Dungan

If you want "several thousand", you might be well served to check your local yellow pages for machine shops. With the machines they have these days, after setting this up they could have 10,000 jack screws for you in a day.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Can't help you if you're after a quantity (manufacturing source) but I have a collection of unused ones that are 59mm long. The threaded end is necked down for only 12mm though.

Reply to
budgie

How about this:

Don Cleveland

Reply to
Don Cleveland

Perfect. Thank you very much. I owe you a beer or three if you're ever in the UK.

Thanks to all the other posters as well.

Richard D.