811A Tube Amp. Schematic

Hi group , I want to build a 10 - 40 meter linear amp. using 811A tubes .. I am looking for schematics for this project and am in high hopes someone here can direct me to a web site where I can download the schematics . It would be great if someone had the schematics and would be willing to email them to me . All or any information for my 811A linear amp. project is very much appreciated . Thanks in advance , Rick

Reply to
rijo1

Nope. The Ameritron AL-811 lists for $800 and contains 4 811A triodes which go for between $13 each (Chinese) to $50 each (NOS American)? You _can_ still build some things for less than the sum of the parts if you're clever.

Too bad QRO makes me gag.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Those tubes may be worth more than the cost of a new linear amp. Last time I saw a circuit for anything like that was the 1953 edition of the Radio Amateur's Handbook.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

NO, you don't have to go that far back to find construction articles that use them.

And of course, old books and magazines are the place to look for them. One should not limit themselves to "the web".

I'm still puzzling over the "40 to 10 meters". Very few would go to the trouble of making such an amplifier and leave out 80 meters. On the other hand, I thought the term was often used as code, to sell amplifiers intended for illegal use on CB, but without coming right out and saying it was for illegal CB use. Especially when a library just may have a book that carries such a project for ham use, and there is a whole slew of newsgroups for amateur radio which seems to be the place to ask if the question is legit.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black