FYI - Excellent Condition, Relatively Low Priced Canon Auto Keratometer & auto Refractor available

Just wanted to bring it to the attention of a wider (more educated/ aware) audience on the internet. We are selling both an auto refractor and an auto keratometer - both are Canon units. These were purchased new many years ago - for a few years, they were used as primary diagnostic equipment, but, for many more years after, we've basically kept them in a back room to be used only when caseload was really heavy or we had equipment problems with the newer machines. Now, we're cycling to a newer generation (again Canon - excellent products) and we don't need backups for the backups, so it's time to go. Translation: they are in excellent condition & have been well maintained. Still top machines despite their age (These models are still consistently used in published journal studies)

This is NOT a desperation post - we have already met our target price on both machines. However, even our targets are considerably lower than standard market value. (We wanted to be conservative, as we wern't sure of the online market ... apparently, it's much larger than we thought).

Please check them out if you are interested.

The auto-refractor is at:

The auto-keratometer is at:

  • They are both listed on ebay.
  • Alternately, you can just go to ebay and search for "keratometer" and/or "refractor"
  • Both items have 24-36 hours remaining.

Feel free to drop any questions in any of these threads or to our ebay coordinator.

Reply to
CaveCanis

Whatever, chump.

What it is a SPAM.

The charter for sci.electronics.equipment:

*-*+only-advertise+sci.electronics.equipment-Test-lab-*-*-*-*+already.available.solutions+the.rec.hierarchy+*.*.not.a.forsale.group+zz-zz+Discussion

ebay's policy: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:GlWDaaVQapQJ:pages.ebay.co.uk/help/newtoebay/usenet-policy.html+*-users-may-not-post-on-Usenet-groups+zzz+suspend-the-user's-eBay-account

mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net abuse@ comcast.net mailto: snipped-for-privacy@google.com

Reply to
JeffM

sci.electronics.equipment:

policy:http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:GlWDaaVQapQJ:pages.ebay.co.uk/help...

JeffM:

My apologies if I am somehow violating TOS by posting this here - I was unaware and it wasn't my intention. No need to resort to childish name calling. Really just wanted to bring (what we think is) a good offer on some higher end medical equip to the attention of a larger audience.

Best,

NM

Reply to
CaveCanis

sci.electronics.equipment:

policy:http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:GlWDaaVQapQJ:pages.ebay.co.uk/help...

P.S. Please feel free to delete this thread if it is, in fact, a TOS violation. (I really didn't know!)

Reply to
CaveCanis

CaveCanis wrote:

Another shameful aspect: You don't even know where you are--and don't care enough to find out. Apparantly, you think this is Google Groups. It is NOT. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:VEjFh2CPNC4J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet+follow-Usenet-customs-and-*-rules+*-a-service-for-*-*-*-*+hide-the-fact-*-*-*-they-are-*-on-Usenet+concerns-*-*-*-*-about-the-Google-interface+zzz+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-is-now-legendary+qq-qq+Google-cannot-muster-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

No *if* about it. The charter makes that clear.

If you are going to post to a Usenet newsgroup, you shold take the time to find out about it first. Usenet is mechanism for DISCUSSION

--NOT a place to plaster your ads.

Reply to
JeffM

NOT.http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:VEjFh2CPNC4J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki...

I was unaware. I certainly understand what you are saying. However, I would point out that google has intimately tied their own group function into (what I'm now learning - thanks for the link) is usenet groups. It is deceptive, as you can very easily interchange.

I have no doubt that you and your ilk must face a daily deluge of spam postings, irrelevant discussions, etc. So I can understand your frustration. However, having said that: you are overly aggressive and extremely condescending in your posts. A simple: "NeumannMorgenstern, this isn't the place for these types of posts - this is an ad, and it violates TOS" would have sufficed. Better yet, you could have followed it up with a little 'ditty' telling me how to easily delete the post! (Which would have taken care of the whole problem)

Again, for the third time this evening: my apologies. Thanks for the link.

Reply to
CaveCanis

He has lots of company.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Any electronics related sale messages belong on or

for Google users.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Spam, off topic. This is not a "For sale" newsgroup. Any electronics related sale messages belong on or

for Google users.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell