Graphics/Video Device Driver Developer

InGenius People is a Software Engineering and Consulting Firm active in the Telecom and Video space in Ottawa. We have a position for an embedded software developer to work inside our company porting low-level device drivers for cool video applications to multiple hardware platforms.

This position is short-term, with the opportunity for long-term employment depending on success.

Requirements include:

1) Experience developing graphics and video drivers. 2) 2 years embedded software development experience, including multiple projects developing or porting device drivers. 3) 2 years experience working in embedded software development for multiple operating systems. Best ones to have experience in are: STMicroelectronics, Linux, VxWorks, UNIX, Windows, Windows CE. 4) Excellent command of the English language - verbal and written. 5) Comfortable and experienced working at the hardware level - down to the metal. 6) University degree in Engineering or Computer Science required. 7) Solid design skills a must. 8) Need excellent references.

Please apply online to us directly at:

and select Current Openings.

InGenius People will never submit your resume to anyone without your prior approval. We value our relationships and treat our staff, our consultants, our clients and our partners with the common threads of equality, ethics and mutual respect. We work hard, and we have fun, and we are proud of what we do for our clients.

About InGenius

InGenius Engineering Inc. is an Ottawa-based high tech firm with two lines of business - Custom Software Engineering (since 1986) and Professional Services (since 1993). InGenius' Software Engineering services are focused on Telecommunications Applications; its Professional Services are focused on IT services for both Government and Private Sector, and incorporate both Contract Staff and Permanent Placements.

InGenius' characteristics include:

· Exceptional team of technical people. InGenius builds the right team of for each assignment, from its staff and its network of highly qualified contract staff. Rich Loen and Dale Gantous vet all team members, for suitability from a technical and a team interaction perspective. InGenius only hires people with what we call, "the light behind the eyes" - people who take extreme pride in the work that they do, and know that the work is only valuable if it is solving the technical problems of our clients and making them happy. · Experience with a Broad Range of Technologies, including Real-Time Software Development, Windows Experts, Telephony Applications Development, Streaming Technologies, Internet Technologies, Project Management, Unix Development, Technical Support. · Two lines of business mean a balanced and stable business. InGenius has been in business for 18 years, and attributes its stability to these factors: · two lines of business, Custom Engineering Development since 1986, and Professional Services since 1993 focused on both Government and Private sector. InGenius has remained strong throughout different market conditions; · a conservative and responsible approach to financial management, with continuous strong banking relationships; and, · an excellent reputation among our customers and our staff and consultants. · Experience carrying out full commercial product life cycle: R&D, product architecture planning, design, development, integration and test, documentation, product release, product maintenance and customer support. The InGenius team has been through product development from inception to full customer support to product retirement. We are completely aware of the project management steps that need to be taken to ensure that quality is built in at the early stages of product development, the rigors of testing for commercial viability, the concept of "five nines", especially in the world of telephony. We are as well aware of how important our ongoing support to our customers is - we build long lasting relationships based on the quality of our work and our ongoing support. · Experience in all business aspects of commercial high tech products business, including business planning, product marketing, channel development, product planning, product management, forecasting, sales and sales management. This means that we easily understand the objectives, perspective, and constraints of marketing people as well as technical people, and can work to achieve the goals of both. We are good communicators with engineering and marketing. · Strong combination of software and hardware experience. InGenius' founder Rich Loen is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario, with a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree, and specialization in software. He has worked in and managed the delivery of combined hardware/software solutions. · Flexible and easy to work with. InGenius can take on complete projects on an outsourced basis, or can provide people to our customers to enhance your existing teams. InGenius can do a complete technology transfer to our customers' in-house engineers whenever needed. · InGenius' values include approaching our customers, our partners and our employees with open and honest communications. We believe this is the best way to get to quality results in the shortest timeframe - and we believe that it is not only good for business, it is the most enjoyable and ethical way to work.
Reply to
InGenius People