FS: Data I/O 29B Programmer & Unipak 2B - in UK - Fully Serviced

Hi all!

I've got a Data I/O 29B Programmer with a Unipak 2B for sale, based in the UK. If you don't know these units, they are THE DE-FACTO programmers for doing older devices, such as BiPolar PROMs and tri-voltage EPROMs. They can handle virtually any part with 28 pins or less.

This unit is fully serviced, upgraded to 1MB, with the fan and ZIF sockets replaced with new items. Comes with serial cable and software for PC. I've got a web page up about it:

Please have a read through of the specs. This is going to be one of the best 29Bs you're likely to see, 30 day RTB warranty included.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks for looking. Yours, Mark.

Reply to
Mark (UK)

Nicest looking 29B I've seen in a LONG time. Nice work Mark!

Now if we can just find some bright guy/gal to write the next generation of interface software...the original software still sucks when run on W95/98...

John :-#)#

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)

John Robertson

It does look great. But, I must tell you that the software DOES work on Windows 2000/ME and XP. You just need the *fixed* binary from here:

I use it under both XP and Win2K all the time.

Best,

- Mike -

Reply to
Mike Haaland

Hiya!

Thanks for that info! If it's okay with you, I'll do a link to your site for the upgrade?

Yours, Mark.

Mike Haaland wrote:

Reply to
Mark (UK)

Hiya!

I've just tried it on XP (home), and it comes up with:

Error 11 occured in module MAIN at address 327D:0067 Hit any key to return to system

then hangs the DOS box. I seem to recall a similar error when I tried it on my company laptop a while back, which is Win 2K.

? :-(

Yours, Mark.

Mike Haaland wrote:

Reply to
Mark (UK)

Hmm, lemme compare the bin I'm using and the one on the site. I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same. Yup, exactly the same.

Here's the patch that was done on the binary to fix the Error 11.

E:\EPROM\PL6>hcmp plorg.exe pl.exe

Differences

(hex) (ascii) byte #1 #2 #1 #2

-------- -- -- -- --

0002bd25 37 80 7

Bytes compared: 00067668 Bytes different: 00000001

So, the byte at offset 0002bd25 was changed from 0x37 to 0x80.

- Mike -

Reply to
Mike Haaland

Yes, but I still find the directory usage a pain - I have a network hub that stores the files and I do not find the programmer likes handling the directories well...

John :-#)# (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)

John Robertson

I also get "Error 11 occured in module MAIN at address 327D:0067" with the new binary. I got this on a fresh XP install (image blown away beforehand). With another XP system, that was upgraded from Win2K, this doesn't occur so I think one of the Unipak dependent system dll's isn't updated to XP when upgrading from an earlier OS.

As soon as I can figure out how to get the software to talk to my UniPak (I'm using an RS-232 cable...is this right?)..I could potentially write the next UI. Anyone have original source?

tim (NH)

Reply to
guinness

It works perfectly under Win2K if you map the drive before starting promlink.

Best,

- Mike -

Reply to
Mike Haaland