Free Heath IO-18 scope, Washington DC area

For any hobbyists/hams who are interested, I have a mostly working, mostly intact Heath IO-18 oscilliscope available for pick-up. Give it to your kids to play with, use it as a station monitor, I don't care, I just want it to get some use in a good home.

I don't know what the official specs of the IO-18 are but bandwidth realistically is not much better than 100kHz or so. It's tube-based but not ridiculously big or heavy.

It's free, you must pick up in suburban Washington DC. E-mail me ( snipped-for-privacy@trailing-edge.com) for details.

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Tim,

I hope somebody takes you up on your generous offer. fyi, the IO-18 supposedly is a 5 MHz 'scope. Heath brought it out in 1969 and claimed it would be suitable for TV work because of its wide bandwidth.

Avery W3AVE Potomac, Md. (D.C. suburb, but what would I do with a fifth 'scope?)

Reply to
Avery W3AVE

As I recall the IO-18, it is more like 1/5 of a scope.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris