Free Next LeCroy Scope Firmware Released

LeCroy's latest scope firmware (4.9.1.1) has just been released. Registered users may download a free copy and install it in their instruments.

nuid=8

Reply to
JS

Oh great, now we have LeCroy Genuine Advantage and Patch Friday... for oscilloscopes! And scopes that crash, get worms and viruses, and can act as spam relays.

John

Nah, you don't dare actually connect one of those WinScopes to the public Net. You have to use a lab firewall machine, or, better, Sneakernet via USB sticks. Blech.

It's a wonderful way to nuke the used market in scopes, of course...but nah, none of those nice manufacturers would dream of doing such a thing...

Of course, you can get digitizing WinScopes with 12 GHz vertical bandwidth, which is pretty attractive in its way.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah, the new Tek scopes are just Windows PC that happen to have an ADC card on the bus.

Oh, did you see my email about the bizarre VCSEL behavior? I think I know what's going on, and it's not pretty.

John

Hello John,

Not just scopes. Even instruments with plain digital readouts seem to go that way. That dawned on me the first time a client asked "We know it's heavy but could you bring your analog RF meter?".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to