Eveready #QCC4 battery recharger question

I own an old Eveready #QCC4 battery recharger. The indicator lights work with all batteries except for 9v's. On the lid, the directions say to look at the manual for the case with 9v's. I cannot find the directions and the Eveready website does not offer any for my recharger. Thanks for any advice or suggestions. Mike

Reply to
tenplay

I once had a charger like this; while the AA/AAA cells were inserted horizontally into wells, the 9V battery went standing on its top, plugged into a connector sitting in between the AA/AAA wells. The indicator light didn't work either. As I recall, the design was such that the 9V charging circuit was pretty much an afterthought, and entirely separate from the main circuit that charged the 1.2V cylindrical cells.

Reply to
Mike S.