Panel mount battery holders - C cells

Shades of DaveC who was looking for a similar battery holder for 4 x AA cells with a removable lid or drawer. DaveC required the holder to be only 2 cells wide at the front but the Bulgin item which did have a drawer front was 4 cells wide so it was no good to him, as you would be aware.

No manufacturer can afford to produce battery holders to cater for all the different combinations of cell types and mounting arrangements that any individual might require, at least not without a substantial order of around 10,000 or more. Usually, a product manufacturer will design his own when no off the shelf item is available. Unless you can find somebody who has/had the same requirements as yourself it looks like you'll have to fabricate them yourself. Are you sure you can't make do with two side-by-side Bulgin BXS018 or BX0003?

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Does anyone have any ideas on who makes panel mounting battery holders other than Bulgin.

I'm looking to house 6 C cells - probably two holders with 3 cells in each. The holder needs to mount to the enclosure panel with a lid of some sort which is removed to change the cells. My enclosure restricts me to a tubular style holder. As I need quite a few of these and they need to look good I am not really interested in fabricating my own.

Thanks for any suggestions. rob

Reply to
Rob

Hi Ross, thanks for the reply. I saw DavC's post and suggested he also look at the Bulgin range. Looks like I may have to look at fabricating my own. The Bulgin parts are pretty expensive anyway. Thanks. rob

Reply to
rob