digital multimeter

I am looking for a good quality hobbyist DMM for a decent price. I searched the NGs through Google but found nothing useful in a reasonable amount of time.

So I decided to try here.

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Dan

There are SO many choices. I've been pretty happy with the Wavetek 37XR

for a home workbench meter but you need to decide what functions are important for your own applications. That site has a reasonable sampling of what's available and the prices are ballpark for what you'll see elsewhere.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Sounds like you went to the Bill Clinton school of disclosure. Is your hobby metrology for nuclear physics or automobile maintenance? What's useful?

I've got a 5.5 digit HP 3478A. That do it?

mike

laptops and parts Test Equipment
4in/400Wout ham linear amp.
Honda CB-125S
400cc Dirt Bike 2003 miles $550
Police Scanner, Color LCD overhead projector
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser
mike

Thanks Rich, will check it out.

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Dan

I'm Canadian - I have no idea what you mean. We have our hands full with our own dumbass politicians. Which we voted for, of course.

I suppose I could have been more digitally precise. Are there lots of metrology for nuclear physics hobbyists here? What do THEY use?

Don't know. If I did I probably wouldn't be here.

Thanks a bunch.