Bluetooth Vs WI-FI

Which one is better (between bluetooth & WI-FI) for data transmission within 1.5 km range on basis of cost , reliablity & speed. Please give list & information about bluetooth & wi-fi equipments that I can use in such range data transmission.

Thanks Noim

Reply to
nsf1234.bf

Are you stupid ???

Opps, its from a gmail account, that explains it.

Reply to
Donald

What data rate do you require? Neither Bluetooth nor Wi-Fi is ideal for the kind of range you need. What kind of antennas can you use and what is the height?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Raffaeli

Suppose If I need data rate 1.5Mbit/s and use omnidirectional antenna & allow hight to 60 feet then Can I use Bluetooth or WI-FI for range

1km. Moreover you may assume that this network will be implemented in rural area.(amount of high rise building is very little )

Babu

Reply to
babu

It depends upon the terrain. If both the transmit and the receive antennas are outdoors at 60 feet, then it's possible. Also, you may need gain (6dBi or more) on your omni-directional antenna. If one of the antennas in indoors, then it won't work.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Raffaeli

I don't think bluetooth has that range capability, 802.11 can do it with high-gain (directional) antennas both ends.

that sounds like a homework question.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen