XiliKernel

HI,

Any of you have used XilKernel in application for PowerPC 405. I am required to develop a system based on embedded PowerPC 405 on Xilinx Virtex4 FPGA. Since i have 4 processes running on the uP so i want to schedule them in round robin fashion. Just wondering if any one can tell me how hard it is to do. I cannot use any other OS since this kernel is free and as document said very compatible with the embedded PowerPC405.

Thanks

Fizzy

Reply to
Fizzy

Hi, I pesonnaly didn't use it but if it's only a question of price and if you have enouch RAM availlable, I strongly recommend you to have a look at this page :

We used this BSP as a starting point to set-up a virtex II pro embedded linux system. A kernel with TCP/IP stack, ethernet, RS232, and a romfs root filesystem containing a simple shell, a ftp server and gdb server fits in about 4~8 Mbytes of RAM, certainly less for a release version with code excuted from flash. Regards,

Manu

Fizzy a écrit :

Reply to
manu