wireless lan components

Hi,

I would like to make an embedded wireless lan. But I cannot find the necessary components. Who can introduce me some components which can be bought?

Thanks!

Reply to
eeh

: Wiport
: Digi-WiMe

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Unless you have a fairly expensive setup of test equipment and enough experience with RF design, the most viable option for adding wireless lan to an embedded system is to use one of the many modules available. There are quite a few ARM based modules available at fairly reasonable prices.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Unless you're buying for a decent-sized company, forget about getting components for WLAN. WLAN is a dedicated transmitter, and as such covered by so much regulation that effectively the only equipment allowed to be sold to individuals is basically a complete WLAN adapter, complete with drivers. The only choices you really get are the WLAN standard it supports, whether that adapter connects to PCMCIA, PCI or compact PCI, and whether it has a built-in antenna, a plug for an external one -- or both.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker