Why Two SDRAM in AT91RM9200dk used

Hi All,

I am working on a prototype board based on at91rm9200dk.now i have place only one SDRAM (16 MB)on my board.I am able to access the sdram and flas successfully but now after storing the gzip image u-boot.gz in flash whe the board get reboot from external flash, it got hanged at

Uncompressing Image...

I thing it is trying to uncompress the image at the location above 16MB. So since i have only one SDRAM on board wht changes i have to make in m code and hardware.

Also plz tell me about the controller pins CFIOW and CFIOR , how they wor

Thanks in anticipation,

Pratik

Reply to
pratikmittal4u

The atmel board uses 2 16-bit SDRAM's to get a 32-bit wide bus. If you only use 1 16-bit device, you will have to change the SDRAM controller settings. And you probably need to tell your compiler/linker how much memory you have installed. The AT91Rm9200 datasheet has all the info you need on the controller. You did connect the SDRAM databus to D0-D15 I hope?

--
Stef
Reply to