Which controllers are used most in display clusters application??

Hi, We want to decide about a development board for building Automotive Display Clusters(Dash Board) application. Few choices we have are:

Freescales' Total5200 (PowerPc), Freescales' iMx35 series (Arm core), STMicroelectronics SPC560S60 (Arm Core).

We have a prior experience working with PowerPcs. We would want to go for one which has the highest market usage in automotive industry for display clusters (Dash Board) applications.

I know refrence to a proper market reserach study would help which i do not have access to. Therefore your guesses and experience will sure help me in going forward and choosing one.

Also if you have any prior experience with any of the board mentioned above please share with me.

Thanks, Jalon.

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

Jalon

This is a business decision. If you develop the OEM module, you don't have much choice. The rules of the game are set by the car maker. You are supposed to do certain things in the certain ways. The car manufacturer will only allow the parts that they trust, and the software modules that they proved. If you insist on doing the things in your way, that means that you take all the risks.

The most popular automotive controllers for *everything* are HC12 derivatives.

Cost is the other major factor. So chose the least expensive part.

Vladimir Vassilevsky