What is ICE?....

;-)

There is not universal agreement on that.

See the first entry under "Usage disputes" in the alt.usage.english FAQ.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Which would seem to prove the point, unless there's also disagreement about the word "requirement". .

I have no doubt that the folks in that group have as much fun as we do here, but I'll stick with the dictionaries I have available. If the dissenters eventually win and their definitions appear in those references, I'll change my evil ways ;-)

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

And even less popular at

:)

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

Shall we throw "mnemonic" into the discussion?

There's a posting in today's collection that asks a question about what "can" can do. It takes a moment to realize that the subject line makes sense if one substitutes "CAN" for "can".

Reply to
Everett M. Greene