BIOS setup going to defaults in a Geode board.

Hi.

I am experiencing a rather annoying problem. I have a board based on National Semconductor´s design reference and after cycling power a few times (powering it off just after around two seconds) it goes to setup defaults. I have tried the same BIOS in an Aaeon Geode based SBC and the very same hapens wereas Aaeon´s BIOS does not lose setup in either Aaeon or our board.

Does anybody has any hint on what could cause such a problem and where should I look at to figure out the problem origin?

TIA.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m

Yes, it's incredibly annoying especially if you are using an LCD screen that goes black because the BIOS defaults back to CRT. Our golden rule is never to switch off by unplugging the 5V DC line, always unplug at the AC power end.

Peter

moocowmoo