VGA/SVGA video chip manufacturer?

My project need VGA/SVGA output, so I am searching for a suitable one. First, I need to know the name and website of manufactures of such ICs, including those not-very-well-known ones. My project is an embedded system.

Any infomation is much appreciated.

Thx in advance.

Reply to
dlion

Hi,

Fujitsu have a couple of nice ones, that look like they would work quite nicely in an embedded system. AFAICR they list it under automotive components.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Hi dlion,

VGA chips are mainly used in PC's, and that's a fast living market. The chips which are available today may have vanished in one or two years.

If you don't need color and the highest resolution, then you could make the video signal simply by software, for example with the F120 controllers from Silicon Laboratories. 256x192 pixels with 256 gray levels is easy, and even higher resolution is possible.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Koch