51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser for basking, broiling, and waste management

Hi:

I recently posted something similar. I apologize profusely if anyone is annoyed.

Infra-red C spectrum = 100,000 nm to 3,000 nm

100,000 nm = 2.9979e12 Hz = 2,997,900,000,000 Hz

3,000 nm = 9.9931e13 Hz = 99,931,000,000,000 Hz

Arithmetic mean of IR-C spectrum = 51,464,450,000,000 Hz = 5825.23388 nm

Due to the above and the inability of the device in

to exist, I'm now thinking of a 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser for the same applications of that previous IR-C emitting device.

In addition, the emission of the 51,464,450,000,000 Hz light from this laser device is constant, non-flickering and non-pulsatile. The shape of the laser emitting this radiation is square or rectangular depending on the application. In any case, the laser faces downward from the ceiling -- or other "top" -- of an enclosure and emits the IR- C light *downwards* only.

My question is, how do I make this 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser light as incoherent as possible?

Thanks & Happy Holidays,

Green Xenon

Reply to
GreenXenon
[...]

Stop posting your inane, stupid shit to USENET.

Reply to
Eric Gisse

Merely talk to it. Listening to you would make ANYTHING incoherent.

Boy - are you 'simple' ? I mean , 'in the mind' ?

-- Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today !!!

Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.' 'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.' HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo online at

Free 'People finder' program now at

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the somnabitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Pray for Obama : Psalms 109:8

Reply to
.p.jm.

Except in the case of the OP, he'd need to use a confuser!

Reply to
PeterD

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Could you repeat that please? I couldn't hear you over all the yelling. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least you got the doofus part right, even if you can't spell.

Probably the stinky part, too.

John

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Dufas" is a proper name you clueless moron. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Thanks. How would one design/build a 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser? I'm guessing free-electron laser is the best candidate for this. However, the bulkiness of the FEL might be an issue in the applications I described. Right?

Reply to
GreenXenon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me, Ms Dufas. Is that Greek?

John

There's a carbon monoxide emission line there (1717 cm**-1).

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greek, yes, bend over, I show you! Ha Ha Ha Ha !

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I would give up on the idea of an obscure purified IR-C source.

If the application is waste treatment, then there is no need to avoid producing radiation other than IR-C.

For heating people, how about a largish 600K roughly-blackbody radiator? A 600K blackbody emits about .73 W/cm^2, slightly over 96% of that is IR-C, slightly under 4% of that is IR-B, and slightly under .01% of that is IR-A.

A good guideline for maximum safe human eye exposure is USA's 21 CFR

1040.10 and .11, which does not have regulatory force over radiation sources other than lasers.

My website has some free software for blackbody radiation. I do publish nice-&-easy BASIC source codes there, which have blackbody formula stuff adapted for such programs. I also publish there executables that run under DOS 2.3 or so and higher, also command prompt of windows up to XP, CGA, EGA, VGA, or SVGA monitor required, "X86"/compatible processor required (at least as low as 286 is OK).

In the unlikely event a plain old thermal radiator is good enough for you, then you can start searching for materials that serve as longpass filters around 3 micrometers or selective radiators radiating selectively above 3 micrometers.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

Easy. Modulate it with your Usenet posts.

Reply to
JW

GX > Thanks. How would one design/build a GX > 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser? I'm GX > guessing free-electron laser is the best GX > candidate for this. However, the GX > bulkiness of the FEL might be an issue GX > in the applications I described. Right?

DK > I would give up on the idea of an DK > obscure purified IR-C source. DK >

DK > If the application is waste treatment, DK > then there is no need to avoid DK > producing radiation other than IR-C.

GX also said he wanted to PUNISH people with text comments that are taboo but it was all completely legal.

[...]

GX > My question is, how do I make this GX > 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser light GX > as incoherent as possible?

Why that exact frequency of laser light, GX?

Why would you columnate the energy in the first place?

Why so fussy about incinerating poo or broiling food?

None of the three uses described need energy concentrated, do they?

Tanning beds are on their way out as it was recently discovered that even occasional and light use causes serious SKIN CANCER.

Does that oddly specific frequency avoid the SKIN CANCER issue or is there some other advantage to using a laser, Green Xenon?

What price range did you have in mind?

Reply to
Greegor

51,464,450,000,000 Hz is right smack in the middle of the Infrared-C spectrum. Frequencies of EM radiation in the IR-C range have no undesired effects provided they are of the proper intensities for the said applications. Frequencies higher than IR-C have non-thermal effects -- such as aqueous flare and retinal damage -- caused in part by photochemical reactions. Frequencies lower than IR-C can fry internal organs.

As for cancer, no need to worry. Cancer is one of the results of the photochemical reactions caused by UV lights. My hypothetical device only emits IR-C light -- which is cancer-free. IR-C is absorbed by vibrational transitions and causes only a rise in temperature. UV light -- and frequencies higher than UV -- disrupt chemical bonds and definitely do increase the risk of cancer, if not outright causing the cancer. This is at least partially because UV is absorbed by electronic transitions.

Reply to
GreenXenon

Add a little Green Xenon.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

Yes some people is annoyed because there is too much crap posted. However I fill that if you posted a "Joke" I would find lot more enjoyable then some crap about impossible invention that no one cares about. Happy New Year put some happiness in your life you needed!

Reply to
Grumpy

JW wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Brilliant!

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

G > What price range did you have in mind?

So you're talking about a tanning bed that doesn't tan? Would the IR result in vitamin D production? To combat seasonal affected disorder?

What PRICE do you have in mind? Are you writing a comic book or science fiction?

Reply to
Greegor