Using a PRONIC15

Hi all.

I am looking for a add on card/circuit to be able to add tcp/ip to my micro. I can only see myself using a few and not a huge production run. So I saw a couple of cheaper ones but you then had to also buy a developer type motherboard as well. MAybe this is the only way I can do it. However I also found

PRONIC15 and wondered if anyone has used one? It has a serial port to connect to the micro and a rj45 to hook to the network.

I am running some logging software on several computers and would like to be able to have this board send udp packets to the above addresses or run a tcp/ip server so the clients can log in and get the info.

I am unsure if the PRONIC15 can send udp data or if it has to be polled and if so, I don't understand how to POLL with UDP?

What else is there or is the above my only option?

Regards, Peter

Reply to
Peter

Why do you think that it makes you angry to be looking for a add on cardcircuit to be able to add tcpip to your micro?

Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one.

I am sure you are running some logging software on several computers and would like to be able to have this board send udp packets to the above addresses or run a tcpip server so the clients can log in and get the info.

How long have you wondered if you were unsure if the pronic15 can send udp data or if it has to be polled and if so? Are you afraid you do not understand how to poll with udp?

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.

Oh really?

-- Lady Chatterly

"Note that Lady Chatterly" (or rather, her programmer) has made a special point of including your comments about both the AHM regs in general and Meat->Plow in particular in her quote compendium." -- Pinku Sensei

Reply to
Lady Chatterly