Network Communication Using Nios Daughter Board

Hi,

My partner and I are trying to implement a network bridge using the APEX20KE Nios Development board and Nios Ethernet Daughter Board. As part of this network bridge we need to be able to recieve all Ethernet packets and be able to strip the headers (which we have been able to do). And then create new headers, create another Ethernet packet with the new header and send that (which we couldn't do).

I've gone over the Ethernet User Manual and all available documentation on the Nios Ethernet Board but there is no functions available or no means available to create my own packets and send it (ie. without Nios having to send ARPs, etc).

We need to be able to create our own Ethernet Packets and just send it as is (at the moment we can only use the "nr_plugs_send()" and "nr_plugs_send_to()" functions to send, and these functions create the Ethernet packet for us and we have no control of what goes into the Ethernet headers).

We really need to know means to create our own Ethernet, IP and TCP or UDP headers, for an Ethernet packet and then send it.

Anyones' assistance is most welcomed. Thanx

Reply to
Colin