usb to serial port adapter

Has anyone seen a device that allows older serial ports only computers to use USB devices?

I can only find RS232 to USB adapters turning USB ports to RS232. I need the other way around and to work on NT.

Reply to
Nottingham

The electrical conversion is trivial - your problem is that the devices are going to expect USB support from the OS, and that's not going to happen on NT unless the device manufacturer has bothered to create a special NT driver for it.

--
#include
 _

Just put in a USB card (PCMCIA OR PCI) and ditch the NT. (Google for 'USB support "windows NT" ' and you'll see why . . .)

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &

The problem is a legacy machine controlled by a PC running NT with proprietary hardware/software installed and the software/hardware co. is bust. Replacing the PC board was our first consideration after using straight serial comms, but isn't a good option.

need

Reply to
Nottingham

There is no such device and never will be such a device.

Reply to
larwe

Reply to
Tom Riggs