uCOS

probably uCOS From: "pacman" Subject: mCOS RTOS Date: Monday, October 27, 2003 1:01 PM

who makes the mCOS RTOS ? If something like that even exists

Reply to
Bob Stephens

"Bob Stephens" wrote in news:0Ywnb.5326$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Go to

enter: uCOS RTOS

The first search result is the one you want. Remember to Google first, then post.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Jean Labrosse. It was the OS that he used as the model for his book and if you bought the book you got a free copy of the OS.

It has since been upgraded to an independent product and if you want to use it for commercial products you have to, shock horror, actually pay for it. If you want to use it for educational purposes I think it is still free.

The problem with having to pay for it is that it has been ported to other processors by individuals and the support for these is not provided by the person you have paid so this can be a problem

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim

lol

the first search item on Google is

RPS-MCOS Ltd

It is definitely not what I wanted

Reply to
pacman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (pacman) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

It can move around, here's what I got today. The link is now 2nd:

OS

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

uC/OS-II is a good little kernel.

Only a small piece of the task switching has to be ported, and it has been ported to many processors already. You can download ports here:

There is a yahoo support group in addition to the support on the ucos site:

Jean LaBrosse started his kernel as a side thing, but uCos' success has turned it into a growing, successful business. His Micrium company offers some other products now also.

Jean gives a good RTOS seminar at all the ESC shows.

You can buy the uCos book here:

Brian Murtha

Or you can find version 1.9 somewhere, this and earlier versions are free.

Actually I think the only difference between 1.9 and 2.0 is the copyright.

-M

Reply to
mike