Suggestions for SATA Device Design ....

I want to design a microcontroller-based SATA peripheral. Does anyone know of any microprocessor/microcontroller that has a SATA Device port as distinct from a Host port ? This would make my task easy ...

Thanks. rr

Reply to
RR

Worse than that, the SATA interface is not at all trivial to design. I am not sure you can even do that in an FPGA. I believe Xilinx at one point claimed they had an eval/dev board with SATA, but I remember reading a post by a disgruntled customer who found it was not really compatible.

Search for SATA chips and see what you get. This is a very high speed serial interface and requires significant board level design as well as the right chip. Don't take this lightly or it will be nothing but trouble.

Reply to
rickman

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:11:59 +0800, rickman wrote (in article ):

If you enjoy pain and are thinking of trying to use an ARM processor directly to implement the SATA system then ,by all means continue ,

but your best bet is going to be an off the shelf chipset tied into the ARM processor.

however heres a couple of links.

steve

Reply to
steve