Firewire device evaluation kit?

I'm looking for a Firewire (IEEE1394) evaluation kit to learn about device design and software interface (not host design). My planned hardware should work without processor and the interface to the attached device should be as simple as possible (e.g. a FIFO or RAM or port interface).

Does anybody know about such an eval kit?

Reply to
Klaus Hitschler

You imply that there's a difference between a 'device' and a 'host' in

1394 communications, but AFAIK such a distinction doesn't exist. That's about the biggest conceptual difference there is between Firewire and it's strongest contestant: USB 2.0 is strictly host-oriented, to the point that you might come to believe the real reason it exists is to boost sales of prospective hosts, i.e.: PCs.
Hans-Bernhard Broeker