Small Pages Nand flash

Anyone know if Small Pages Nand Flash will be discontinued in the short time ?

Reply to
Richard Malerba

I think it extreamly unlikely. I think that they will only disappear in a 'natural' way as the smallest large page one becomes the entry level, but I think that we are a few years away from that yet.

tim

Reply to
tim

This is comp.arch.embedded, a few years IS a short time. Less than 5 year life for any component is a big deal.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson

This is memory we are talking about.

The entry point for memory moves up by 100% every couple of years (or less).

But they are mostly pin compatable so all you do is plug in the larger one, and you always have to be able test what you have at run-time.

Whether they are software compatable is a different issue, but I would have thought that a few years is more than enough to think ahead. Either your (customer) product has a short life-time, in which case you write the code for small page NAND and don't worry abut it. Or it has a long life-time and you need to be providing the large page access code *now* and switching at run-time on the basis of the flash found in situ.

tim .

Reply to
tim