EMIFA and NAND flash

According to the meager description in the SPRUFL6E datasheet, the EMIFA of TMS 674x/OMAP supports hardware ECC for NAND flash pages up to 512 bytes.

Would it be possible to use the hardware ECC facility for larger pages by restarting the ECC calculation at every 512 bytes of transfer? Or will I have to do everything in the software?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

es.

Sounds like a good question for TI support. They are actually pretty responsive and knowledgeable on their forums:

Jason

Reply to
Jason

Sounds like insoluble question for TI support. Based on the previous experience, I doubt there will be anything useful from them.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

ytes.

How many devices will you be buying?

Reply to
John

How many do you think would be enough to get support from real DSP engineers? I tried going through regional FAEs, too.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

TI support must be parsing comp.dsp.

A large page should be read or written as several chunks of 512 bytes. Each chunk should be arranged as complete data transfer with ECC calculation. Daniel Allred from TI pointed me to Linux kernel source as an example.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

IFA