Sensor for Object detection

Hallo there

Hi, I want to carry a research project on a sensor that can suitable to Detect an stable object. I would like to get an idea on how i can implement my project. I want to implement a sensor which can emit a ray or any kind of non hazadous emision which will respond to an object in a distance of one meter 1m then send the feedback to a board to produce an oscillating signal hence the sound to prompt the user about the object he will be about to hit.

Specs

Distance: Between minimum 1m and 3m maximum. Voltage:12V Dc Regards

Enock

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

Enoch

You didn't mention any requirements for resolution, accuracy, response time, object size, interface type, or cost. Without knowing those, you could easily go with either infrared or ultrasonic for that kind of range. Here are two ideas:

Both would require a 5V regulator.

Reply to
Tom