Sensor kit for getting refracted light data into the compter...

Can any one help to achieve following.

I have an object (anything like gold, glass etc), A pointed light source is thrown on the object. I want the data into the computer which are refracted from an object.

Reply to
Naren Burade

is thrown

an

I assume you mean a point light source?

What degree of precision do you require? Just getting light into a computer can be handled with a US$10.00 webcam. A readily available prism, suitably interposed between the sample and the camera, will help determine the reflective and/or refractive properties of your sample. Many webcams can "see" in the infrared and infrared-capable prisms aren't hard to get or make.

Determine what you want to know about the reflected/refracted light and that will help determine what kind of camera/prism combination you need.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

thrown on the object. I want the data into the computer which are refracted from an object. WHAT data? The fact that there is light/no light? Modulation of the light? That the reflector is glass and not gold?

Reply to
Robert Baer

thrown on the object. I want the data into the computer which are refracted from an object.

Would you please tell:

- Do you want to measure the angle of reflection, or the percent of light intensity coming reflected,

- Do you want to measure the same items of refraction (light going into the material)?

- Do you want to measure the refractive index of the material?

- Do you want to measure something else?

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to