sending data from a USB cell phone to UART Zigbee device

I am a FY student doing a project in Zigbee home automation. I want to send an AT command from my smartphone nokia to a UART US interface for Maxstream Zigbee device. What all do i need to check on t know if this is possible or not? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking You, Archit Chitnis.

Reply to
archit

First off, pretty much anything is possible. You just need to be able to break down the problem and understand the individual requirements.

need to answer.

  1. What type of interface does the smart phone provide (USB, IRDA, Serial, etc...)?
  2. Is the interface voltage compatible with the Zigbee module's UART? - If not, you can always use a level shifter or an optocoupler.
  3. Can you configure the two interfaces to communicate directly (i.e. start, stop, data bits, and parity)? - If not, you can always add an intermediary circuit to translate between the two devices.

Good luck!

Reply to
husterk