Handheld Device with Display and WLan

Hello all,

The company I work for is planning a handheld device with a touch displa (320x200 pixel), WLAN and UPnP functionality to control other devices in wireless Wifi network. Now my electronic work experience in the embedde domain seems to be a little outdated so I would kindly like to ask i somebody has tip what architecture is common and up to date now.

Also a hint about displays and evaluations kits is highly appreciated

Best Regards

Spobrockel

Reply to
Spobrockel

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:07:22 -0500, "Spobrockel" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

If you want to look at a state of the art device available now, Google for the Nokia N800, everything you mentioned except the touch screen display is 800 x 400 and it also has Bluetooth. It runs Linux, so I assume you could write your own programs for it.

List price $400.00, street price about $360.00.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Lile this one:

Donald

Crap, this one:

Donald

Also, search the web for 'zipit' 'hacking' for other comprehensive sites describing the zipit's internals and various projects. Please feel free to visit my site:

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

I was going to suggest the same. Just be aware of the possible risks of basing a product on another one that can be withdrawn from the market at any time. At a previous employer, Palm Pilots were used for user interface to an industrial controller, mounted in a custom frame on the front of the machine. The design had to be changed again and again, as different Pilot models came into and out of being. And "Ah, honey, they also dropped the serial port this time."

See

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman