read IDE HD physical 0 sector

Hi,

I want to know how to read IDE HD physical 0 sector. Any pointers, URL , suggestions are welcome. Note: I donot want to read logical sector. Thanks, rdh

Reply to
rohit.dhamija

Download WinHex:

In WinHex click Tools - Disk Editor and then open the physical disk. Usually

80 Hard Disk 1

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

probably with something like that :

Fred*

On your first boot sector virus ? ;-)

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

I came across a sample provided in WinDDK in storage/tools. This is a sample for Win32 I/O communication with SCSI devices. rohit

Reply to
rohit