Question: Suggestion on good PIC programmer from $50..$300

Hi,

I am new to this. I am looking for a cheap pic programmer ( as cheap as it can get ) with following.

1) Program a PIC using my laptop with USB. 2) Debug it, in circuit if possible.

I am new to this so I will be needing advice on following as well,

1) Free/Commercial compilers available.

In all I want to spend from $50 to $300 to be able to write a PIC program, debug it and get it running on the PIC.

Any help/pointers will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kamal.verma

There are the Microchip products,

Commercial ones like
As well as homebrew products such as
,
non USB too:
,

If you have the budget, Microchip compiler is pretty good. There are various free ones too - for references see

> Any help/pointers will be appreciated,
>
> Thanks in advance.
Reply to
toby

check for PIC-ICD2 - 100% compatible with MPLAB-ICD2 at less half price, you can use for programming and debugging

Best regards Tsvetan

--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html)