Putty

Hi, I am trying to use putty 0.61 for serial comms the device I am controlling requires CRLF to terminate commands when I use the ENTER key. Is it possible to get putty to send CRLF and if so how?

Thanks. Martin

Reply to
Martin Charlwood

Putty config> Terminal> Implicit CR in every LF

see if that works for you.

Cheers Don...

========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Thanks Don, That setting and the other associated command only effect the received data, I had tried this before posting. If there is such a facility it is very well hidden.

Putty gives me about 90% of what I need for devel> Hi,

Putty config> Terminal> Implicit CR in every LF

see if that works for you.

Cheers Don...

========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Charlwood

OK, try terraterm then.

It has specific provision to alter CR+LF on both transmit and receive.

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Or Funterm (which I only know about because I needed to find a free terminal for Windows -- and I don't do Windows). If Linux, consider minicom. It runs off of the command line, it's very old school, but it seems to work OK.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Just to add a couple other good, free MS Windows terminal apps for completeness:

The eponymous Terminal by Bray. Simple (unzip and run) and capable.

The oft mentioned RealTerm, with some more bells and whistles.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to