Enabling Altera Avalon UART serial device driver

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure eCos and I have enabled the Hardware Serial Device Driver option. However the Altera Avalon UART serial device driver is grayed out. It means that the driver for this UART serial device is disabled, doesn't it? Any suggestions on how to enable this? Thanks in advance.

You'll have much better luck asking this question on the eCos mailing list.

You'll also have to provide more information (e.g. what target you're using).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I've read SEVEN
                                  at               MILLION books!!

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the link. I'm sure they'll be useful for me in the near future. I've figured out how to enable it. I had to use the full featured SOPC ptf file.

Shirley