Using devfs to address device driver

Hi All
I am writing a device driver that should use the existing serial port +
custom hardware.
Problem is that I want to use loadable modules and need to talk with the
serial port driver via the devfs (is this the best way ?).
I can get a file handle , no problem,  but when I want to call the
tty_open() procedure it requires parameters (inode, file *).
How do I get hold of them ?

Thanks in advance
reyems

Re: Using devfs to address device driver
You can either use the devfs or create the node in the file system
manually.

To use devfs same must be compiled in the Kernel and the driver must
call the appropriate api in the initialization phase.

-Michael

Site Timeline