Using devfs to address device driver

Hi All I am writing a device driver that should use the existing serial port + custom hardware. Problem is that I want to use loadable modules and need to talk with the serial port driver via the devfs (is this the best way ?). I can get a file handle , no problem, but when I want to call the tty_open() procedure it requires parameters (inode, file *). How do I get hold of them ?

Thanks in advance reyems

Reply to
TelkomNews

You can either use the devfs or create the node in the file system manually.

To use devfs same must be compiled in the Kernel and the driver must call the appropriate api in the initialization phase.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell