Portable GUI control libraries for instrumentation and controls

I'm looking for cross-platform libraries of GUI controls to be used with instruments and controls (in the automation sense). I'm familiar with National Instruments' Measurement Studio but it appears to be Windows-only. What can you recommend for controls that can be used to implement things like graphical oscilloscopes, meters, and filter building blocks? The ability to provide a web front-end (perhaps through SVG or Java) would be a bonus. I'm not wed to any particular language.

Reply to
Kenneth Porter

You might want to look at PEG from Swell Software. They supply C source.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Hello,

I utilized Lazarus to create a graphical oscilloscope GUI with great success. The hardware of the oscilloscope was a ISA card I created myself. All source of the project and full documentation are available for download at the projects website:

There is also a screenshot of the oscilloscope running on Windowx XP

eenshotwinxp/view

And another of it running on Linux:

eenshotgtk1/view

About Lazarus itself, it=B4s a general purpose multiplatform RAD IDE, so you will need to write code to interface with the device your self. Here is it=B4s website:

There is a basic tutorial about hardware access on Lazarus wiki here:

And more detailled information on the documentation of the oscilloscope.

Felipe

Reply to
Felipe

In article , Kenneth Porter writes

Try Segger's emWin

It seems to fit the bill.

It has a simulator so you can try things out on the PC simulating the screen (BW, grey or colour) that you are using on the target.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

I am currently using this GUI and have found it to be easy to use, well documented and stable. Although if anyone knows why the EFSL file system clobbers one of my bitmaps (but not the others) then I'm all ears ;-)

Reply to
Tom Lucas

FLTK using Microwindows is an option, depending on your device.

Reply to
Matthias Melcher