Anyone using the TimingAnalyzer

Hello All,

Back in the 2002, I was developing a program called the TimingAnalyzer. Below is a copy of an announcement made on this forum back then.

I was wondering if anyone has been using it since then or what programs your are using to do timing diagrams?

Regards, Dan Fabrizio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The TimingAnalyzer can be used to draw timing diagrams and check for timing problems in digital systems. The diagrams can be included in word processing documents, printed, or saved as image files.

Signals, clocks, buses, logic gate functions, counters, shift registers, delays, constraints, arithmetic functions, statebars, and text labels can be easily added using the GUI.

Part libraries are saved in text files so the user can easily add new parts, delays, constraints, or completely new libraries. The timing diagram is also saved as text so it can easily be distributed or modified.

It was written using Java with the intention of being a single source cross-platform application. I'm testing it in Windows and Linux.

Reply to
chewie54

I actually came across your announcement post last week while looking for such a tool. Seemed like the Web site no longer hosted it, though.

Reply to
Dingo

Reply to
chewie54

Dan,

I tried a couple different versions of your program some years ago, but found it too frustrating to use. My memory is pretty fuzzy about the details.

Strangely, I've recently been thinking (again) about that sort of program ...

Mike Brindley

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, I have been told that by a few others the same thing so I'm working on a more user friendly version. I did stop the development cause of some personal issues but I'm back now and plan to finish and sell it.

Reply to
chewie54

Hi Mike,

Yes, other users have said the same thing so I have been working on a new version that is more user friendly. There was many using the beta version as is, with the understanding it would get polished over time as it matured and got closer to a final release.

Regards, Dan

Reply to
chewie54

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. See the following links:

--

    (taming google)
    (newusers)