PICKIT 2 development help on MPLAB or Piklab or any other IDE on a PIC18F2620

I have been trying to use the PICKIT 2 programmer option within MPLAB IDE, but it seems like the option to do so is disable as shown in

I have also tried to update the firmware of my PICKIT 2 separately on the software provided on the Microchip website, but it keeps on freezing regularly every time I have attempted to check my PIC18F2620 to see if it is empty (it's brand new). The PICKIT 2 software is able to detect my programmer, but that's about it. Does anyone know what I need to do to activate the option to use my programmer straight in MPLAB?

I have also looking at open source options, i.e. using Piklab in Ubuntu Linux for the development. I have looked at

but haven't tried it yet. Does anyone else have any ideas before resorting to the hard way?

Thanks!

Reply to
ssylee

I found an answer to this in the Microchip forums. It seems that the number of supported devices using the Pickit2 with MPLAB is much less than the number using the programming software supplied with the pickit2. Somewhere on the MPLAB section of the Microchip site is a list of supported devices.

Annoying isn't it.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Harrison

*Most* people DON'T read Usenet via Google.

Rather than your selfish method

I suggest you use this method when you have the urge to post the same question to multiple Usenet groups:
*-*-*-marked-as-Read-in-ALL-*-groups+Newsgroups.line

Reply to
JeffM