Philips USB D12 interface

Hello,

I am interfacing a DSP to the Philips USB D12. I am a little fuzzy on exactly what happens during enumeration.

I have the PC will recognize the D12 as soon as I active the pull up resistor, but then I have no idea what to do.

I assume it will be wanting a device descriptor, and that it will be wanting it at endpoint 0, but when do you send it? Is the host not supposed to ask first?

The spec sheet on this part is little to no help on the process of enumeration. It allows certian commands that sometimes work.

Has anyone had any success with this part? Exactly what order did you go through to get it to enumerate properly?

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Reed

On 10 Dec 2003 15:12:23 -0800, lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Rob Reed) wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

The complete specifications are available for free download. They will have all the details.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

As well as the site mentioned by Jack,

is very useful and

BryanW

Reply to
BryanW

Hi Brian,

Actually I have Jan's book(LVR). It is quite useful as a reference. The only thing it don't say is exactly what a Get_Descriptor will look like.

I have tried asking Phillips for some help, and gotten an indepth response. I feel confident that should I receive a Get_Descriptor, I will be able to contine on.

Here is my problem as best as I can describe it:

I set up the D12 with the SetDMA (0x00) and the SetMode (0x16, 0x0B). This should enable the D12 on the USB bus and wait for a Get_Descriptor package. I then wait for an interrupt, but all I get is a Suspend_Change interrupt.

I'll poll and count off 50 interrupts from this point and never get an interrupt from Control_out or Control_In.... just suspend change.

Is there another setting that needs to be dealt with that is not in the doccumentation?

If anyone has had success with the PDIUSBD12 I would appreciate your coments.

Cheers,

Rob Reed

Reply to
Rob Reed