Philips PDIUSBD12 Cannot Poll the interrupt Register

Hi, I am using the Philips PDIUSBD12. I am polling the device since I cannot use the interrupt pin. The part seems to work most of the time though it occassionally gives bad IN packets during enumeration. I also can only poll the interrupt register once after enumeration to see if I am getting an OUT packet. If I poll the interrupt register after enumeration then I start sending bad or invalid IN packets, does anyone have any idea what might cause the bad packets after enumeration?

Thanks, Martin Green

Reply to
MartinGreen

This chip is very buggy and a royal PITA to work with. I have written drivers for 4 different USB slave chips and this one is just horrible. But first and formost: Do you have the address/data bus timing right? It needs some very long delays (500-600 ns). See table 17 and figure 18 in the datasheet.

Leo Havmøller.

Reply to
Leo Havmøller

Hi, Thanks for writing back. I did as you asked and checked the timing, I am using an embedded 8051, the fastest I can do anything is ~500uS and I looked at the long delays, I am well within spec. The wierd thing is that I can do all the enumeration (although I get bad packets), but if I poll the interrupt register it gets messed up.

I appreciate your response, maybe you can shed some more light on this problem.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
MartinGreen

Interesting to hear. I was just looking at the PDIUSBD11 or -12 for something. Maybe I'd better look at some more alternatives. Do you have better experiences with some other USB slave chips of this sort?

--
      Wim Lewis , Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
Reply to

Hi, unfortuneatley this is the only chip I have tried to act as an external usb device. Martin

Reply to
MartinGreen