Philips P89C66x 12-Clock Mode

I'm working with the Philips 89C664HBA which is a 6-clock variant of
the 8051. I understand (from the datasheet) that you can make this a
12-clock part via an OTP bit accessible by a parallel programmer. I'd
like to try the part in 12-clock mode to see if it will solve a timing
issue in an existing design. I'm not having much luck in determining
exactly how to do that. What bit?

From the datasheet: "This device executes one instruction in 6 clock
cycles, hence
providing twice the speed of a conventional 80C51. An OTP
configuration bit lets the user select conventional 12-clock timing if
decided."

Should my crusty old Logical Devices Chipmaster 3000 be able to do
this? Or will I need to purchase a programmer just to try it? What
advertised capability would I need to look for when shopping for
programmers?

Re: Philips P89C66x 12-Clock Mode
On 10 Sep 2003 08:36:11 -0700, the renowned snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net

It might be hidden in some high address (above the normal FLASH) but
writable by your programmer if you can put it in the hex file. I think
that's how it works on the P87LPC parts. Try to download the
programming spec from Philips.. compare with the datasheet..

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Philips P89C66x 12-Clock Mode

 The EEtools ChipMAX has, under the Options menu for the 89C66x series,
a selector for x6/x12 clock.

 -jg

Re: Philips P89C66x 12-Clock Mode
Hi Banjo,

the Philips website lists a few programmers:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/markets/mms/products/microcontrollers/support/development_tools/tools_by_family/p89c66x/index.html
Look under programmers

Cheers, Schwob