Philips P89C66x 12-Clock Mode

I'm working with the Philips 89C664HBA which is a 6-clock variant of the 8051. I understand (from the datasheet) that you can make this a

12-clock part via an OTP bit accessible by a parallel programmer. I'd like to try the part in 12-clock mode to see if it will solve a timing issue in an existing design. I'm not having much luck in determining exactly how to do that. What bit?

From the datasheet: "This device executes one instruction in 6 clock cycles, hence providing twice the speed of a conventional 80C51. An OTP configuration bit lets the user select conventional 12-clock timing if decided."

Should my crusty old Logical Devices Chipmaster 3000 be able to do this? Or will I need to purchase a programmer just to try it? What advertised capability would I need to look for when shopping for programmers?

Reply to
Banjo

It might be hidden in some high address (above the normal FLASH) but writable by your programmer if you can put it in the hex file. I think that's how it works on the P87LPC parts. Try to download the programming spec from Philips.. compare with the datasheet..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The EEtools ChipMAX has, under the Options menu for the 89C66x series, a selector for x6/x12 clock.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hi Banjo,

the Philips website lists a few programmers:

Look under programmers

Cheers, Schwob

Reply to
Schwob